Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thank you for calling Dell this is "Dave"


Okay I’ll start of by saying this is a completely selfish one but the first job to bring back to America is computer tech support. I repair computers for a living and tonight I had to call Dell for a client’s laptop. So whom do I end up speaking to? “Dave” in India. I’m sure his name is Dave about as much as mine is Patel.

Call me crazy but I think if you have but I think if you have trouble with a product of an American Company you should be able to speak to an American about it. Not only is an insult to the value of my dollar to have to speak to India when I have a problem you just plain can’t understand them and they get an attitude with you when you ask to speak with an agent in the US.

I am as close to an expert on computers as any one person can be and I can tell you these people are not knowledgeable and are untrained. They have no idea what term customer service means and 9 out of 10 times you have to tell them if you follow the suggestion they just made to you, it will make the problem worse.


Plain and simple if you’re an American company and I gave you my hard earned money for your product let me speak to an American when it needs fixing.

What companies like Dell and others who ship tech support jobs overseas need to learn is what little you are saving in salary you are losing in brand loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment