Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SVU Is No Threat To You


I’m sure Jose Baez will scream bloody murder about tonight’s episode of SVU claiming it is just one more example of the media trying to convict his client in the court of public opinion but this is a 15 minute discussion at best.

While this story is of course loosely based on Casey somehow they morphed it into a lecture on vaccinations. That’s TV at its best. Take two things people care about, throw them in a blender, water them down, and fit it in 45 minutes.

I thought Gail O’Grady did a great job as Cindy portraying her control freak personality to a tee.

Mandy Moore would have been more believable in this role than Hillary Duff but I’m sure that’s something I’m sure she been hearing for years.

They even reference George’s suicide attempt.

I say let’s give this show the one day of discussion it deserves and move on to more important topics.

Mr. Baez no one holds a bad TV show against your client. We hold the fact she drove around with her daughter decomposing in the trunk against her.

3 comments:

  1. Dude you border on obsession...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may call it obsession. I call a desire not to allow the the media appearances of her parents and the not the tricks of a defense attorney to deny justice being done in the death of a child. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the reader that made the comment calling me obsessed with this case I feel I should have given you a better answer than I did.

    I am completely obsessed with this case and if we look at the questions it raises I feel we all should be.

    What went wrong in the head of a 22 year old girl that she could kill her own child and drive around with the remains for days?

    How do her parents who from what I could tell before this case happened were decent hard working professional people go so far as to obstruct justice to free the person that killed their grandchild.

    These questions make me wonder about how a lawyer who if evidence that is coming out now is correct knows his client is guilty in the death of her her child will stand with a straight face before the world and to release her to live among us.

    What does it say about us a society not to want want to know the answers to these questions?

    And if we don't get the answers to these questions we nothing to prevent the next Caylee Anthony type murder.

    ReplyDelete