Thursday, April 16, 2009

Common Sense In Hard Times


It doesn't take an economist to tell we are in the toughest times we have seen since the depression. More businesses are folding than ever. There people however that try to take advantage of this.

United Airlines now wants to charge extra for overweight passengers sitting rising fuel costs. Give me a break. If obesity is considered a disability under the law I would think it would be a violation under the Americans With Disabilities Act. This is absurd at best. If i weigh 75 pounds can I get a discount because it takes less fuel to fly me than someone who weighs 250 pounds. I doubt they will do that.

In in airport you can't be profiled for the color of your skin, your religion, or even your style of dress but United Airlines wants to profile you and tax you for the size of your ass. I see a lawsuit coming and good luck to whom ever brings it.

No comments:

Post a Comment