Wednesday, April 29, 2009

100 Days of Change


I'm sure you don't need me to tell you today marks the first 100 days of President Obama's first term.

I have made no secret on this blog and to people who know me I didn't want him to win the election.

I have also made no secret that he has pleasantly surprised me.

100 Days is enough time to either make the American public give you chance or begin to write you off.

I find it disturbing he has had such a tough time getting a cabinet together.

I do not agree with his stimulus package. I think there are much smarter idea's we should be trying.

I feel it was wrong to release the memo's on terrorist suspects interrogations for a variety of reasons.

I think he should have fired Janet Napolitano for her insulting comments about the people who protect our freedom. These are only my opinions he's President and I am not.

All that being said he has done quite a few things right in my opinion as well.

Preparing to end our presence in Iraq gets a big thumbs up from me.

Sitting down to the table and trying to find common ground with the rest of the world and changing our countries image gets the same thumbs up.

His handling of the pirate situation was the right thing at the right time.

The fact he wants credit card agreements written in plain language to protect you and I from hidden increases in interest that could break a lot of people gets a check mark in approve column from me.

It's only 100 days but he has done with it is sure impressive to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment