Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nuremberg, DC


If we are going to place members of the Bush administration on trial let’s do it for they did wrong not what they did right.

I have said it before even if we tortured terrorists so what. If these interrogation techniques prevented even one more attack like the World Trade Center they were worth it.

The F.B.I. and the C.I.A have the unenviable position of being silent heroes on the war on terror. We only hear about the few things they missed and we never hear about how many terrorist attacks they stopped dead in their tracks because someone finally gave up the information after being waterboarded.

Sen. Leahy and others who would prosecute the people who saved untold numbers of American lives seem to me like they are only trying to make a name for themselves. I wonder if Sen. Leahy would be so quick to do so if his wife or one of his children had been in the twin towers that day.

If you are going to prosecute members of the Bush administration how about doing it for lying to the American public and getting us into a war that we had no business fighting. There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and while I have no proof of it is my feeling is this was known all along.

So I say again if we are going to place members of the Bush Administration on trial let’s do it for what they did wrong not what they did right.

No comments:

Post a Comment