Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Victory Shall Be Mine


Is it just me or does it seem when Seth McFarlene created the show Family Guy he based the character of Stewie on Kim Jong Il.

They are both about the same height. They both love to build weapons of mass destruction, and they both really want to rule the world.

As I woke up today I am seeing on the news about North Korea launching not one but two new missiles just 24 hours after testing a nuclear weapon that was the size of what we used at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I think his intentions are pretty clear at this point.

There is a difference between political posturing and repeatedly kicking someone in the balls.

One is just that,posturing and the other shows you are not just willing but very able to harm at will.

Military action needs to be taken now.

It is not lost on me how I sit in the cheap seats knowing if our men and women in uniform are placed in harm’s way yet again I am too old to join them. It’s a battle I personally won’t have to fight. That doesn't change my mind on the need to have our military handle this. It is not a call I make lightly.

I have said it before and I will say it again. North Korea is the single greatest threat to the security of the United States second only to Al Queda.

I know there are inherent problems with fighting North Korea not the least of which how it will change our relations with China.

I’m thinking China may be getting a little sick of North Korea themselves and may even side with the US if it came down to action. I can only hope so.

Here is the fact of the matter. Do we have to wait until the guy nukes Guam before we do something?

He has all the working parts and components of a nuclear weapon that can hit our shores. Let’s do something now before he assembles them and the only choice we have is to evacuate the west coast.

3 comments:

  1. Why don't you go over to North Korea and put poisen in his food. They'll never guess it was you and we won't have to hear anymore on this subject from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you have been over there but the food is so bad there really isn't anything I could do to make it worse. An interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete